SD-User

[SD-User] ADIF and Power

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: [SD-User] ADIF and Power
From: G3OOK@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:52:42 EDT
This method takes just a few minutes to fill the Power field. I edit the ADIF
itself before importing. ADIF is an ASCII text based file.

Open the ADIF in text editor Windows Wordpad. You will see the format
and note that each QSO has a record terminator <EOR> (End of record).

The ADIF field for Power is "TX_PWR" and would normally be outputed like

<TX_PWR:3>100

....the "3" in the above is the length of the text string outputed e.g.
"100" = 3 characters, so for instance if you want to add the power of 400
you would add a tag like <TX_PWR:3>400 or for 26dbW it would be <TX_PWR:2>26
note that the length has changed and MUST be present and correct -I am sure
form the above you will understand how ADIF works. The TAGS do not have to
be in any order of have any peculiar spacing or other characters added.

A Replace option exists in Wordpad so we must use this and as each record is
terminated by
<EOR>....

"Find What" <EOR>

"Replace With" <TX_PWR:3>400 <EOR>

Note that when 'replacing' you must also include the <EOR> tag like in above
example

Save changes before importing the above file and power should be recorded in
your log.

Hope this does the job. 73.
John G3OOK