SD-User

[SD-User] Winkey with SD

To: sd-user <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [SD-User] Winkey with SD
From: "F.G.Robertson" <F.G.Robertson@open.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:14:12 +0100
Hi all, I've just built up a Winkey keyer.  It works fine, except that when
using the paddle within SD it is not very responsive, i.e. there is a
noticeable time delay between hitting the paddle and a dot or dash resulting,
which makes sending CW quite difficult.  This does not happen using the Winkey
test program - the paddle keying is fine then.

I get the same problem using a real com port or virtual (USB) com port - it
makes no difference.  The PC is an 866MHz P3 running XP.  I've tinkered with
the Winkey settings a bit but to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem, and what is the fix please?

Thanks / 73 Fraser G4BJM