SD-User

Re: [SD-User] Trouble with V 11.31 on W98SE

To: sD-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] Trouble with V 11.31 on W98SE
From: "Dave Sergeant" <dave@davesergeant.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:08:29 +0100
On 21 Jun 2005 at 0:44, Paul O'Kane wrote:

> > ... Also I note when SDWin is running it takes priority
> > over the rest of Windows - when I wanted to open Control Panel to do
> > some checks I found I had to close SD first..
>
> This can happen if you have used the PRIORITY command to set SD's run
> priority to 1 - with a view to getting smoother internal CW.
>
> Even when SD is running at high priority, there's no guarantee of
> smooth CW when using the internal keyer. I'd recommend WinKey, and use
> PRIORITY to reset SD's priority to 0 (normal).

But I have never used PRIORITY, and as you may have gathered from my
postings on UKContest never used keyboard CW. PRIORITY=0 appears in
SD.INI.

I have just checked on this my main computer which also runs 98SE and
it works exactly like the laptop. With SDWIN running I can open any
other Windows program on my computer, select between tabs of programs
already open, but if I try to open Control Panel nothing happens
until I quit SD.

N7VPN should not feel lonely running Windows 95. I still have it on
my backup computer and I suspect there are a lot of other users still
around.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com