SD-User

Re: [SD-User] RAC Contest

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] RAC Contest
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:36:49 +0100
From: "Joe Young" <jwyoung@cybertrails.com>

>I have found some archive references to SD support for the RAC Winter
> Contest.
> Will the same setup work with the RAC Contest next week?

The RAC Canada Day Contest takes place from 00:00 to 23:59 UTC on
Friday 1st July. Rules at www.rac.ca/downloads/canadadayrules2005.pdf

SD supports this contest on the 6 HF contest bands from 160 - 10m,
but not on 6m and 2m. SD runs on any Windows PC and is freeware from
www.ei5di.com.

One correction is needed to CANADA.MLT supplied with SD.  The code
for Yukon is YT, not YU.

Select SD Type 10 - General, Country & Area Multipliers.
   (Note:  There are Canadian multipliers only, but
           Type 10 allows variable points for other QSOs.)

.MLT File           : CANADA
.CTY File           : DXCC
Multipliers Count   : B (by band)
Points/QSO          : 0 (variable)
Pts/Bonus           : 0 (multipliers)
Points/Area QSO     : 10
Non-Area QSOs count
       as mults?    : N
Points vary by mode : N
            by band : N
        by location : N
Points              : 2
Receive Serial from
    area (VE) QSOs  : N
Mode                : CW/SSB (your mode now)
Mixed-Mode          : Y
Mults count on
      both modes    : N
Work same station
   on both modes    : Y

Send and receive 59(9) + Serial.  Canadian stations send their
province code instead of a serial.

Work everyone, Canadian QSOs score 10 points, others 2.
Multipliers are Canadian provinces - a maximum of 13 per band.

Canadian stations with the "RAC" suffix score 20 points.  Use
the POINTS command to edit these QSOs.

After the contest, use SDCHECK Option 1 to create your
Cabrillo .LOG file.  Rename it to YOURCALL.LOG and email
it, as an attached file, to canadaday@rac.ca.

73,
Paul EI5DI