SD-User

[SD-User] SDV to IC-7400

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: [SD-User] SDV to IC-7400
From: Graeme Caselton <gcaselton@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 07:53:00 -0700 (PDT)
Paul [and group],

I normally run SD and SDI to a TS-570 and everything works
OK. I'm now trying to get SDV to work to an Icom IC-7400.
The IC-7400 is cabled to COM-A of the PC.

I copied across the IC7400.SD file to the SDV folder, and
have set the comms side to COM1 and the necessary
9600/8/1/N.

Starting up SDV [10.22] I select 50MHz and SSB as part of
the initial config.

When I run SDV, it displays the IC-7400 frequency
[50.200.00] on the line under the OVR-SSB-JO01BJ text line,
and any frequency changes I make within the 6m band are
duly displayed.

But,

when I change band on the IC-7400 to 2m, although the line
described above displays the frequecy of the new band
[144.200.00], the 'band' displayed to the left of the QSO
time stays at '50', and the scoring [and mult window if
applicable], stay displaying the '50-band' progress.

It's only if I change bands manually via the SDV input line
[to 144MHz], does the 'band' displayed to the left of the
QSO time change to '144', and the scoring [and mult window
if applicable], display the '144-band' progress.

Is there something I've missed that I need to set to get
SDV to track the band changes rather than just the
frequency changes?

Cheers

Graeme
G6CSY