SD-User

Re: [SD-User] SDI 11.33 IOTA weekend

To: sD-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] SDI 11.33 IOTA weekend
From: "Dave Sergeant" <dave@davesergeant.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 14:35:17 +0100
On 31 Jul 2005 at 14:00, Dieter Klaschka wrote:

> Dear readers and users,
>   Here I used SDI for the very first time and it did a jolly good job
> saving time and paper.
> I am still learning by doing.
> I had 100 qsos /QRP including one AF, some NA, AS...EU.
>
> Well, I also recognised the fault in the distance displaying but more
> or less due to Mike's hint and by chance.
> Is it necessary for the contest in any case??
>
> I wished a lot of participant-contestants would use ADIF for eQSL!
>
> Tnx, Paul, for the program.
> 72! Have a good start into the new week.
> DL2BQD Dieter

I managed 182 QSOs in the first 12 hours with 5W from my K2. Down on
last year (when I won the Island 12hour QRP section) but conditions
were poor to say the least.

Used DOS version 10.04 of SDI - the Windows version continues to
exhibit locking out of the time display when the serial rig control
is active, as I reported a few weeks ago on SD. The DOS versions and
earlier Windows versions of SD don't exhibit this problem (Windows
98).

I did note a couple of anomalies with 10.04:
My own island reference EU005 as displayed at the bottom of the
screen was missing its final digit and was shown as EU00
When I changed bands with the rig via rig control, the time display
in the active QSO field momentarily showed BST and not GMT.

But I imagine these minor bugs have long been cured in the current
version...

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com