SD-User

[SD-User] Rig control problems

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: [SD-User] Rig control problems
From: Martyn Johnson <Martyn.Johnson@cl.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 07:16:12 +0100
I've just installed V12.05 as a completely fresh install, in an
attempt to sort out the problems I've had with rig control. The
problems are still there, but I now have a theory about what is wrong.

The main problem is that the frequency is displayed correctly, but the
band does not change correctly. The only case in which there is a band
change is that if I set a frequency in the 18MHz band, 160m is
selected.

Now it surely cannot be a coincidence that 1.8MHz * 10 = 18MHz, and it
so happens that my rig control file has the line

10             : Frequency: Factor to convert to Hertz.

I suspect what is happening is that band selection is being based on
the frequency read from the radio BEFORE this scaling factor is
applied.

Many rigs have a scaling factor of 1, and of course on these the
problem won't show up. Could the problem be fixed please?

My other problem is that entering a frequency in the callsign field
does not set the rig frequency as the documentation says it should.
I'm really puzzled by this as the rig control files appear to contain
no instructions that would tell the program how to set the frequency.
I therefore don't see how it can possibly work. Could somebody explain
this please?  Does it work for anybody?

--
Martyn M1MAJ