SD-User

Re: [SD-User] RX_Exch tag repeats twice for each QSO entry.

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] RX_Exch tag repeats twice for each QSO entry.
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 18:39:49 +0100
From: "Graeme Caselton" <gcaselton@yahoo.com>

> ..<Time_On:4>1324 <RX_Exch:2>74  <RX_Exch:2>74  <STX:3>015  <EOR>
>
> the RX_Exch tag repeats twice for each QSO entry. There is no
> <TX_Exch> tag present.

The RX_Exch tag is a relatively recent addition to ADIF from
SDCHECK.  It was added to help users track states, zones,
provinces and counties when integrating SD logs with main
station logs.

There is no TX-Exch tag in SDCHECK's ADIF output.  Should
there be?  I'm not sure it would add value?  After all,
if you're not sending a serial, you're probably sending a
fixed exchange which does not vary from QSO to QSO.

Any suggestions - one way or the other?

73,
Paul EI5DI