SD-User

[SD-User] wish for PACC

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: [SD-User] wish for PACC
From: nico van der bijl <pa0mir@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:21:02 -0800 (PST)
Hi,
Logged the PACC with SD this year and worked fb. Also
did the RSGB 160 m contest and I really could open 2
versions of SD without any problem, even changing the
CW keys for one did not influence the other one.
However I would like to keep the logs in one; would it
be possible to extend the width of the received
"serial" to 6 places, giving the possibility of
logging serial and district code together in the PACC
log? The rules for PA stations say: when working a
station evidently active in another contest you just
log the received exchange and that is fine (e.g.
stations in the german Z contest give DOK, that is no
problem except for special DOK's which now can be
longer than 4 places; in the 160 m now you log the
serial and district code, also needing at least 5
places and maybe a space character in between)
apart from this, no problems met with the latest
version, not even problematic CW stutter on my 700 MHz
and 5 years old laptop.
Thanks for your attention, Paul and 73
Nico
PA0MIR