SD-User

Re: [SD-User] EI5DI program

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>, "Carol Richards" <n2mm@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] EI5DI program
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 23:24:44 +0100
From: "Carol Richards" <n2mm@comcast.net>

> 3. I cannot get the rig to key using any of the
>    memories...What did I forget to do?

Use the STATUS command to confirm that Sidetone is
OFF - SD does not offer simultaneous keying and
sidetone.  If necessary, use the SIDETONE command
to toggle the setting.

> 4. With the sidetone on, I can hear the messages fine, but
>    the escape key doesn't interrupt the message

That's normal - Esc will work with regular keying.

> 5. Is there an auto repeat command?

Yes, R (followed by Enter) toggles auto-repeat for
your F1 (CQ) message.

Then R1 to R10 adjusts the delay between repeats.
Try R5 initially, then reduce it as appropriate.

> 6. What does ESM do and what is the best setting?

ESM (Enter Sends message) allows you to have CW
QSOs in Run or S&P modes - using the Enter key
only.

With ESM on (toggled with ' apostrophe), and in
Run mode, Enter from an empty Callsign field sends
your F1 message.  Enter, from a completed Callsign
field sens the callsign and full exchange (your
F2 message).  Enter, from the Zone field, sends
your F3 Message - TU N2MM - and you're ready for
the next caller.

In S&P mode, the messages change as appropriate.
You toggle between Run and S&P mode using the
key directly under the Esc key.

73,
Paul EI5DI