SD-User

Re: [SD-User] v14

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] v14
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 22:24:47 -0000
From: <IanSDavies@aol.com>

> the pot now progresses the speed changes very rapidly
> with only the tiniest turn of the knob.

Try the POTRANGE command.  The two values are 127 and 255.
They determine the sensitivity of the pot.  You can see
the value with the STATUS command.

> The oddity is that #E only works if I have tabbed
> through to the serial or district code on the logging
> line.

Enter, not Tab or Space Bar, is recommended after every
field while logging - unless you need to return to
complete or edit another field before logging the QSO.

> However where SD automatically enters the district code
> (e.g.zone) I would not expect to tab through to the end.

It's true that SD often pre-fills district codes and zones.
However, you are given the opportunity to confirm that it
has done so correctly - and to overtype with the correct
code if necessary.   If you prefer SD to unilaterally log
such QSOs, use the LOGONENTER command - this cannot be
combined with Enter Sends Message (ESM). It's particularly
effective for CQWW, but you can get into trouble when
logging USA stations for the first time.

I recommend the use of ESM rather than pressing individual
F keys - in those circumstances #E consistently behaves
correctly.

> Another irritation is that with a call in the logging line
> if I  have depressed tab to the end and want to return to
> alter the call by pressing  tab again the cursor vanishes
> from the call field even thought I find  I can still edit
> the call.

This is beyond my control - because it happens only in full-
screen mode, and not when SD runs in its own window.  It
is either a bug in my PowerBasic compiler (probable) or a
bug in Microsoft's command line DOS emulator (less likely).

I recommend running SD in its own window, you can toggle
with Alt-Enter.  If the window is too small, it can be
permanently resized using the procedure described in SD's
initial screen.

73,
Paul EI5DI