SD-User

[SD-User] v.14.02 Caps lock and SCP

To: sduser <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [SD-User] v.14.02 Caps lock and SCP
From: Bert Barry <bbarry@simplysurf.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 08:02:23 -0400
After 9+years, I have finally abandoned SD-DOS.  My rationale that "It
does everything I need" is wearing a bit thin, although I still like the
idea of trouble-free keying.

I have downloaded and played with v.14.02, and while I haven't connected
rig control or the keyer yet, I have found a couple of things that don't
seem right:

1.  When pressing Caps Lock, the light on the keyboard toggles on and
off, but the ^ symbol, or lack of it, doesn't change until I hit a
letter (or Space Bar or Enter) following Caps Lock.

2. Super Check Partial responds to the equal sign, but not to F12.

I am not particularly looking forward to kit building Winkey, as I have
many other projects that are behind schedule, and I wonder what the
chances are of getting away with using SD's internal keyer on Windows?
I have heard different opinions varying from "you have to use Winkey" to
"On some computers you get irregular keying".