SD-User

Re: [SD-User] SD on a Mac?

To: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>, "SD User" <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] SD on a Mac?
From: "Nick G4IRX" <nick.sduser@nowindows.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 11:54:55 +0000
On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 21:33:12 -0000, "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
said:
> Can anyone confirm, or otherwise, whether recent versions
> of SD run on a Mac?  I imagine CrossOver Mac might be a good
> option.
>
> If so, are there any restrictions or snags?  Are there any
> other inexpensive options?

I've run SD in a Parallels virtual machine including the USB-serial
converters. The virtual machine will allow you to install windows
drivers for the USB-serial devices even if OSX doesn't support it
natively.

Parallels is not free Sun's VirtualBox http://www.virtualbox.org/ is
freely available. I haven't tested this one under OSX but it runs nicely
(with USB support) under (Ubuntu) Linux.

73
Nick G4IRX
--
Nick G4IRX