SD-User

Re: [SD-User] RSGB 6m Contest using SDV

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] RSGB 6m Contest using SDV
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 14:21:13 +0100
From: "G4AIU" <g4aiu@btinternet.com>

> Regarding SDV, my query is this: what is the significance
> of the additional characters that are appended to the call-signs?

These characters tell you the number of multipliers
for each QSO - the snag is they only appear correctly
when you run SDV in a window (not full-screen) using
the Lucida Console font.

> 1. My first QSO had the super-script letter 'N' attached to the
> left-hand edge of the first letter in the call-sign.

That appears as a super-script "3" in Lucida Console,
meaning 3 mults - country, locator square and district.
Were there country mults in the 6m contest?   If not,
an incorrect option when chosen when starting SDV.

> 2. Another call-sign had the super-script figure '2' attached the first
> letter of the call-sign.

That one displays consistently - it means 2 mults.

> 3. Another call-sign had the 'square-root' symbol

That appears as a super-script "1" in Lucida Console.

To switch to Ludida console, with SDV running in a window,
click on the SD icon on the top LHS of the window, then
Properties - Font - Lucida Console and select the font
size closest to filling the screen - and save your settings.

73,
Paul EI5DI

 attached to the first
> letter of the call-sign. By-the-way, all QSO's were 'G' stations.
>
> I did a check of the HELP files and did not see any reference to these
> symbols. Are they specific to SDV and are they a Microsoft feature?
>
> Thanks in advance for any comments.
>
> 73 de Eugene / G4AIU

05:51:00