Windows XP Pro SP3
Ten-Tec Omni VII
The RAC Winter Contest was my first outing using rig control, so maybe I
got something wrong.
I started SD, went through the setup for the contest, used the PORTS
command to set CW through LPT1, COM1 as control for "Radio 1", port
parameters as 57600/8/N/2.
I set LINKTIME & POLLTIME both to 50, which seemed to work well enough.
When I QUIT and came back later, rig response was very sluggish; the
LINKTIME and POLLTIME commands showed they'd returned to the defaults of
500 & 1000 respectively.
This reset to defaults happens each time I quit and re-start SD.
More systematically, I found this:
1. Start SD, set LINKTIME & POLLTIME to 50
2. Examine SD.INI while SD is still active and see that SD_LINKTIME &
SD_POLLTIME have the desired value of 50.
3. QUIT SD
4. Examine SD.INI and see that SD_LINKTIME & SD_POLLTIME still have the
desired value of 50.
5. Re-start SD and notice that rig response is sluggish.
6. Examine SD.INI while SD is still active and see that SD_LINKTIME &
SD_POLLTIME still have the desired value of 50.
7. I did NOT enter the LINKTIME or POLLTIME commands for this test.
8. Quit SD
9. Examine SD.INI and see that SD_LINKTIME & SD_POLLTIME have been reset
to the default values of 500 & 1000 respectively.
Bert Hyman W0RSB St. Paul, MN email@example.com
SD-User mailing list