SD-User

[SD-User] SD 14.30: Incorrect behavior in S+P mode

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: [SD-User] SD 14.30: Incorrect behavior in S+P mode
From: Bert Hyman <bert@iphouse.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 14:46:09 +0000
SD 14.30
Windows XP Pro SP3

During the ARRL CW DX contest this past weekend, I ran into
the following unwanted behavior, operating in S+P mode:

1. Enter other guy's call in "Call" field, hit ENTER
     My call is sent and cursor moves to "Power" field
2. Hit ENTER as many times as I like
     My call is sent and cursor remains in "Power" field
3. Abandon the attempt - TAB to "Call" field and hit ESC
     "Call" field is cleared

So far, so good, but:

4. Enter another station's call in "Call" field
5. Hit ENTER
     Cursor moves to "Power" field and nothing is sent
6. Hit ENTER again
     OTHER station's call is sent, then MY call, cursor remains
     in "Power" field
7. Hit ENTER again
     MY call is sent
8. Hit ENTER as many times as I like
     My call is sent and cursor remains in "Power" field

If I abandon this attempt and return to step 3, SD continues this
unwanted behavior of sending the other station's call before mine.
The only way out of this is to finally complete an exchange.

At steps 5, 6 and 7 "MyCall" is displayed above the "RST" field,
as I'd expect.

Did I mess something up in the MSG1...MSGn entries in SD.INI, or is this
an actual bug?

--
Bert Hyman      St. Paul, MN    bert@iphouse.com