SD-User

[SD-User] Changed behaviour in ESM?

To: Super Duper Reflector <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [SD-User] Changed behaviour in ESM?
From: Alex GM3ZBE <alex@gm3zbe.plus.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 12:19:52 +0000
Paul,
I am running V 15.33.

In the arrl dx cw test I noticed that when in ESM mode S+P, if I entered
a callsign in the call field and pressed enter, my callsign was sent and
the cursor moved to the state/province field. if the other station heard
me first time I could then enter the state/province press enter and the
qso was logged.  This is the normal behaviour I expect.

However if the other station did not come back to me first time and I
pressed enter a second time to send my call again the report was sent
instead.  I found I had to manually tab back to the call field and use
F5 (Mycall) to send my call a second time, pressing enter in the
callsign field did not work, it sent Hisreport again.

I seem to recollect that in previous versions when using ESM S+P I could
send my call a second time when the cusor was in the report field,
presumably because SD recognised that the report field was still blank.

Or is my memory faulty?

73
Alex

--

73 Alex, GM3ZBE ~~~ Kingdom of Fife ~~~ IO86lf ~
Member of:

Remember..............It's only a hobby!
When the going get's tough..........take a nap!!