SD-User

Re: [SD-User] new user

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] new user
From: Joseph L Pontek <v31jp@netzero.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 19:45:31 -0600
Hi Paul,

I think you'll need a USB expansion strip. This will give 4 USB ports.
Depending on the radio, you will need a USB route to the radio, i.e.
USB to RS-232. Then what ever RS-232 to your radio. Then I would
recommend a Winkeyer USB keyer by K1EL. This simple setup will
let you control the rig with one USB port and the keyer and keying
through a second USB port.

There may be others on here that can advise on specific adapters
that are less RFI prone or cause no RFI to your radio. These are
things to watch for.

This what I use here. Boy, it's been awhile since I did the Contest
Traveler for The NCJ.

What rig are you taking, antenna, etc.

161, Joe, Ronnie(Rowena), Marty&  Sidney Pontek
P.O. Box 280
Dangriga
Stann Creek District
Belize
(Hopkins Village)
011-501-503-7346 Belize
011-501-666-3564 Belize (cellular)
903-424-4267 (My cellular when in Texas)
V31JP K8JP VP5/K8JP VP5JP K8JP/VA2
k8jp@arrl.net
FOC 1743
CWops 876