SD-User

[SD-User] SD & My New iMac Computer

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: [SD-User] SD & My New iMac Computer
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 17:30:08 -0400
Good Day All,

First-off, Paul, please excuse this duplication of the e-mail I sent to you a
few days ago---I tried your suggestion, with no luck whatsoever (sigh!)...

Anyway gang, I am the happy owner of a brand new iMac desk top computer from
Apple, & all is well---save for one very important shortcoming: I can not run
my copy of SD on this set-up!

Paul advised me that what I need is a "Windows emulator" in order to allow SD
to play---but my son & I scoured the internet for at least an hour the other
day looking for just such software, & came up empty-handed. Has anyone reading
this successfully made SD run on their iMac...? If so, how'd you do it...? Did
you find free downloadable software, & if so, where...?

We located a couple of commercial outfits that advertised Window
emulators...unfortunately, the cost of the emulator exceeded (in all cases) the
original price of a brand new version of SD from Paul! (and I STILL wouldn't be
able to run it on the iMac).

I love using SD. It's the only post-contest logging software that I'm
comfortable with, & it does everything that I could possibly ask for.

Any & all suggestions welcomed at this time. Without SD, I can see the complete
demise of formal contest entries from VE3CUI - VE3XZ...seriously! (not that
it'd make any difference to contest sponsors, of course!).

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ