SD-User

[SD-User] Re SD 15.56 & K3

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [SD-User] Re SD 15.56 & K3
From: "Vince Lewis" <comms.ci@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 20:12:47 -0000
Reference the problem of my K3 always being keyed but no TX output with the
Latest SD version.

Thanks to Paul the solution is .I quote from Paul:

"When you enable rig control, SD supplies a voltage on one of the serial port
pins which can be used to power external level converters, and your rig is
seeing this as a PTT On signal."

"Please use the SHARE command (to share rig-control and keying on one serial
port) and the problem should go away.  Depending on your style of operating
with the K3, you might want to disable PTT control from SD - with the PTTOFF
command."

I can confirm that using the 'Share Command' the problem has gone away.

Remember I am using a laptop that does not have a serial port fitted so having
to utilising a USB/Serial converter unit.

As Mike VP8NO said, using a straight serial cable there is no problem.

My sincere thanks to you Paul.

Vince

G4DQP