SD-User

Re: [SD-User] How do I...

To: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] How do I...
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 17:20:26 -0700
On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com> wrote:

> My understanding is that mults do not count by band,
> being simply the total of different stations worked
> regardless of band.  In this respect it's the same as
> mults in CW WPX.  I know that the 3830 score submission
> form expects "mults by band".  It's just that there's
> no such thing in this contest.

Paul, you're understanding is correct.

What I've seen come out of various reports in other software is this:

Say you work 40 unique calls.  The first time you work a call, that
band is recorded for the "new mult".  Keep doing this for all new
calls you work.

Then the post-contest report can show how many mults were first worked
on 40m (say 20), then on 20 (say 13), then on 15 (say 7), etc.  So the
total of those band/mult numbers (20+13+7) will be the total numbers
of mults worked, which should still be equal tot the number of unique
calls (40).

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us