SD-User

[SD-User] SD V17.10 and Win 8 Starter

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [SD-User] SD V17.10 and Win 8 Starter
From: "Paul Bigwood" <paul.bigwood3@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 00:10:29 +0100
I installed SD V17.10 to a new laptop ASUS Eee Seashell running Windows 8
Starter and am having problems.

Sometimes it works fine, albeit without CW keying – not got round to that yet,
but other times the input line is flashing and anything typed is overwritten at
a regular time. i cannot enter PORTS for example, because as soon as I type the
‘PO’ of ‘PORTS’  the input buffer gets cleared and then the ‘RTS’ appears.

I don’t know why or how it works OK but it did fine for the CW sprint
yesterday, but today it just wont play ball.  I’ve deleted it and reloaded from
the website but not success.

Any ideas?

73 de Paul G3WYW