SD-User

[SD-User] USB to Serial Converters

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: [SD-User] USB to Serial Converters
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 14:56:40 +0100
I'm using a USB-Serial converter which has a Prolific
chipset, together with up-to-date drivers.

Using SD V17.14, it works perfectly for rig-control on
WinXP, Win7 and Win8.  It's the same story when using
WinKey.

Thinks aren't so good for internal CW generation from SD.
It's perfect with XP, erratic on Win7 (irregular characters)
and doesn't work at all on Win8.

I've heard that USB-Serial converters with FTDI chipsets
are more reliable, and I have one on order.  In the
meantime, is anyone having success with internal CW
(not involving WinKey) with an FTDI converter on Win7 or
Win8?

73,
Paul EI5DI