SD-User

[SD-User] Problem with distance measurements

To: "sd-user@contesting.com" <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [SD-User] Problem with distance measurements
From: <cakewalkjohn@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 16:29:44 +0000
Hi all,

Is it just me, or is there a problem with the bearing & distance feature?  I
downloaded the latest version on Friday, so I could try the software on the
IARU contest - my first attempt at electronic logging - and it went well.
HOWEVER, I noticed during one qso that it said Russia was 79 km away!  I then
watched what it said: Belarus - 179km; USA-1696km.  I’ve tried switching to
miles but that gives 14.2…. miles to Russia!  I could walk to Russia easily on
that basis.

I would really appreciate some feedback on this, as SD seems to be a nice,
simple, program for my sort of casual contesting.

73 de John, G4FPA.

Sent from Windows Mail