SD-User

Re: [SD-User] RE version 17.51

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] RE version 17.51
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 13:36:13 +0000
On 01/12/2014 12:38, Mike Pemberton wrote:

I used SD for CQWW CW version 17.51.

There seems to be a problem with the rate analysis portion of SDcheck.

Here is a small portion of the printout:

32:00 - 32:59      5       0   -244

Thanks - I'll will fix that.

As reported with an earlier version, the pre-filled CQ zones were often
incorrect for US stations and Russian stations in Asia.

Yes, I found this the hard way myself, doing an 80m SO Unassisted entry,
and this did not tally with the testing I had done when "fixing" the
problem since the SSB contest.  The difficulty is/was that, when testing
on a new file, the US zones are correct every time.  The problem arises
only when you have logged one or more of the individual "zone exception"
calls listed under the entry for the US (or VE) in the CQWW.CTY file -
there are the calls preceded by "=".  Now that I know the cause, I will
fix it - and please accept my apologies for the inconvenience while
logging.

I assume, for the moment, that this "effect" is causing the problem
with Russian zones also.

73,
Paul EI5DI