SD-User

[SD-User] RAEM Contest.

To: "sd-user@contesting.com" <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [SD-User] RAEM Contest.
From: brian coyne <g4odv@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2015 09:16:11 +0000 (UTC)
I was on for around  the last hour in this test last Sunday to give out  some
points, and decided to CQ.  That turned out to be not such a great idea as by
that time the big guns were well into four digit s/n's,and, what is more, all
appeared to be using RBN as I was swamped right from the off.

I don't have a problem with speed, my nemesis is the keyboard, this test for me
was more of a typing test than a radio contest. Those guys were sending at
35/40wpm with no gaps, there were 4 digits plus 6 characters in the locator
exchange plus needing to press enter between the s/n and the locator data, that
is 11 keyboard strokes in all. Having to do that 'enter' was causing me to lose
the 1 or 2 last characters in my own memory  and needing repeats. It was a good
12 q's or more before I got into the swing but I still had a problem with the
big guns.
What I would like to know is whether it is necessary to have that 'enter' after
the s/n. or could the log checking not cope with that? dependent upon what Paul
tells us I may contact RAEM with the suggestion.
For the remainder of the contest, after often  being asked for repeats (Iwas
sending at 32wpm) I reduced my speed to 28wpm and had hardly any 'rpt'
requests, so slowing down some was actually better for the rate.
73 & HNY to all in the Group.
Brian C4Z / 5B4AIZ.