SD-User

Re: [SD-User] V17.54 Released

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] V17.54 Released
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 20:48:25 +0000
On 14/01/2015 19:07, brian coyne wrote:
I note that Paul provides details for adjusting screen size but mentions that
it may not work for 'XP' in some instances.
I use 'XP' and would mention that I get Full Screen by pressing ALT/Enter
simultaneously. This is useful for those who do not know about it.

Just to clarify - the way to change font/screen size
described on Page 4 of the manual works fully on
Windows XP, with the single exception that XP does
not offer the "Consolatas" font as an option.  This
font in present in later versions of Windows, and is
intended for screens with the older 4:3 format -
whereas the Lucida Console font is intended for 16:9
screens. In each case, selection of the appropriate
font size causes SD's window to almost completely fill
the screen - no matter how big the screen may be.

On the other hand, toggling Full Screen mode with
Alt/Enter does not work (it's no longer supported by
Microsoft) on versions of Windows after XP.  Full
Screen mode on XP should be used with caution
because SD's cursor sometimes becomes invisible.
I've seen (or not seen) this myself at times and I
have no way of controlling it.

73,
Paul EI5DI