SD-User

Re: [SD-User] SD DVR from SD\Fx.wav

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] SD DVR from SD\Fx.wav
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 19:06:17 +0100
On 13/10/2020 15:17, Nick via SD-User wrote:

How do I set up F1.wav - F8.wav files in the SD folder on my PC to get through
to the radio, using the DVR command?
My Kenwood TS-480 has no internal DVR and I am using a SignaLink USB interface.

SD, via its DVR command, enables playback of your pre-recorded WAV files - no more and no less.  With no external connections or device, you'll hear playback through your computer's speaker(s).

To use the SignaLink, the audio has to be directed, using Windows "Sound and Audio Devices Properties", to the SignaLink unit - as described in "Default Sound Card Selection" in the SignaLink manual.

Once that is done, correct operation is a matter of the interface/connections between the SignaLink unit and the rig - SD is out of the loop.

Hope that helps.

73,
Paul EI5DI