SD-User

Re: [SD-User] Problem with not functioning CAT

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] Problem with not functioning CAT
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 15:13:08 +0000
All Yaesu rigs which have DX in their name (including FTDX5000) share the same CAT-control parameters.

If I get other reports of CAT not working with these rigs it will indicate a fault in SD. Otherwise, it might indicate less-than-optimum parameter settings, possibly including the BPS parameter.

Please send me your SD.INI file. Please also do some tests - use the PORTS command to try different BPS settings (set the rig to the same value in each case).

It is normal, at startup, for SD to report no link with the rig - at least until the link is established.  This will happen also when SD loses the link with the rig for any reason.

73,
Paul EI5DI