[SECC] ARRL SS CW UBN reports

Subject: [SECC] ARRL SS CW UBN reports
From: gary@noblepub.com (Gary Breed)
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 09:25:28 -0400
K4BAI -- Thanks for the reminder to check UBN reports, John!

The nature of the reported errors was EXTREMELY enlightening:

K9AY 1999 SS CW -- Q power

* 15 incorrectly copied Check #
* 5 "not in log"
* 3 incorrect QSO #
* 1 mis-copied call

It's obvious where my attention will be in the next SS -- Check #!
(10 of my mis-copied CK mixed up "6" and "7"!)

* 25 errors copying me in other guys logs -- most were the QSO #,
  the rest mostly Check #. Only a couple callsign errors and some
  of them were probably typos. I was QRP and maybe a bit harder to
  copy than the big guns.

My UBN percentage was 3.8% -- 24 bad QSOs out of 631 claimed,
plus 6 penalty QSOs for the NILs and busted call. This is at best a
"fair" rating with lots of room for improvement. Greater accuracy
could have moved me up one position in the results.

This kind of analysis is a valuable byproduct of computer logging
and standard file format. Thanks ARRL and N6TR!

73, Gary
K9AY

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/seccfaq.html