[SECC] another note from nq4i

Subject: [SECC] another note from nq4i
From: NQ4I@compuserve.com (Rick Dougherty)
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 06:29:22 -0400
Hello all..well the dust is settling from the wpx cw test and it appears
that our Multi-Multi RECORD score from last year is intact...havenot had a
score to come that close...our record was given for approx 14 millions
points...so maybe it will stand a year or so...now to focus on the cqww ssb
ands cw...have been doing some inside work ...keying cables, mic cables etc
to make things more standardized and compatabile...one of the Alpha 78's is
heading for the shop...it has an intermittent on transmitt....begin working
today on the 2 element 80...replacing some hardware etc....hoping the bands
will start bouncing back...10m is just ugh......are we experiencing the
peak and heading down???   will be planning on doing the arrl cw in Feb and
then in Mar the wpxssb...will not do the arrl ssb anytime soon...also would
like to do the wpx cw in May...picked up 2 dozen pl-259's at the Atlanta
hamfest...what a bust it was...if you missed it, tyou didn't miss much...it
was the worst hamfest I have been to in over 35 years...the Atlanta radio
club has sure dropped the ball on this one...how abt some note from the
rest of you, and what you are doing/planning on doing this summer??? de
Rick

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/seccfaq.html
Search:                   http://www.contesting.com