[SECC] GQP-Humor

Subject: [SECC] GQP-Humor
From: K4BAI@worldnet.att.net (John T. Laney, III)
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 09:24:43 -0700
Thanks for the info, Bruce.  N0DOA called me also, but didn't use the
Dead on Arrival phonetics.  I thought about using them back to him, but
didn't know if he had a sense of humor on the subject of his call.
Obviously he does, and I'll not hesitate next time.

The remarkable thing about this anecdote to me (if my memory is correct)
is that you were using 5 watts QRP.  In my opinion, ANY answer to a CQ
on SSB with QRP is remarkable, much less two in a row with any
callsigns.  I do OK with 5 watts on CW and suppose someone would
occasionally answer a call with 5 watts on SSB, but I've never had
enough confidence to call CQ on SSB with only 5 watts (except in a 5
watt Field Day operation, but that is another story).  You must have
very good antennas.  Congrats.

73, John, K4BAI.

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/seccfaq.html