[SECC] TRLog Radio Control

Subject: [SECC] TRLog Radio Control
From: jpryor@arches.uga.edu (Jay Pryor)
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 09:07:06 +0000
I am having no luck setting up radio control on two different computers, so
I'm thinking it must be (horrors!) operator error!  Are there any TRLog
users out there who can help?  The radio is a FT-1000MP.

1.  DEBUG and TR PORT agree on the address of the COM port.

2.  I have set the COM port up in DEVICE MANAGER as is prescribed in the
TRLog manual.  That is: 4800 baud; no parity; 8 bits and 2 stop bits.  BUT
-- the manual says nothing about "flow control."  The default is Xon/Xoff,
and the other choices are HARDWARE, and NONE.  Should I change the flow
control?

3.  The COM port works properly when using DX4WIN.  When I change bands
and/or modes on the MP, DX4WIN reflects that change.

Anybody got any ideas?  CWSS is getting close and I'm getting nervous.

Thanks,

- Jay/K4OGG