[SECC] NJ8J ARRL 160 SO LP

Subject: [SECC] NJ8J ARRL 160 SO LP
From: Ben Coleman" <oloryn@mindspring.com (Ben Coleman)
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 01:35:30 -0500
I found myself up in the middle of the night Saturday night, and
decided to get on and operate for a little bit.  My low 110' doublet
managed to tune up on 160 with my MFJ tuner, but my station felt rather
rabbitish (lots of stations that I could hear clearly required multiple
tries to get my call and/or exchange).  Having gotten on only expecting
to work domestic contacts, and having a struggle working a lot of them,
it was rather enjoyable to easily snag VP5K for my one DX contact.

I get the impression that this is a rather different contest.  Code
speeds seemed to be slower, and stations a lot more patient than in
other contests.  Or is this just because I snuck in in the middle of
the second night?

32 QSOs, 67 points, 19 multipliers, = 1273 points.

Ben
--
Ben Coleman oloryn@mindspring.com    | The attempt to legislatively
http://oloryn.home.mindspring.com/   | micromanage equality results, at