[SECC] GQP

Subject: [SECC] GQP
From: k4bai@worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 16:41:58 -0500
We need to know from Neal that we will have results of the 2000 GQP.  So
far, no requests to Neal for info have been answered.  Dick, K2UFT, was
supposed to have helped Neal with them and, at last report from Dick, he
had not been able to get a response from Neal either.  If we have
dropped the ball on the 2000 results, I don't think we should try to
have one in 2001.

Speaking of dropping the ball, I have done so completely to my shame and
I have brought shame on both clubs.  I have never ordered the plaques
for the 1999 QSO Party.  I have all the money and the info on who gets
the plaques and their addresses, but I have never gotten this info to a
plaque manufacturer.  We collected $40.00 per plaque, so we need to find
someone who will prepare a nice looking plaque and ship it for
approximately that.  I'll be glad to make up any difference for the
plaque to be mailed to the DX winner.   We need someone with some
imagination to work with a plaque company to achieve this.  I did this
for GQP for about 20 years working with a local company called Spanko,
Inc.  I am unable to provide a reasonable explanation for why I have let
us down on this, but I am to the point that I feel I must confess my
sins and ask if anyone is interested in taking on this project.  If so,
and if we get results from 2000, I will be glad to help collect the
funds for the plaques to be sent to our new contact person with a plaque
maker.  If not, I will eventually get the job done I am sure, but we
will be as late as CQ Magazine has a reputation for being.

If we have a QSO Party this year, I recommend the third weekend in
July.  Most of the contest calendars have us down for the fourth weekend
in July, but that would be a direct conflict with the IOTA (Islands on
the Air) Contest, which is very popular.  The third weekend has no major
conflicts.  I know of no rules changes which may be needed, but Neal may
have a different idea after he has scored the logs.

Thanks for listening.

73,

John, K4BAI.