[SECC] Re:Ps

Subject: [SECC] Re:Ps
From: k4sb@akorn.net (Ed)
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 19:34:10 +0000
I hate typing the word plaque.

Just got a call from the outfit who will make them, and they informed
me they should be ready about April 6. I will go by again and
personally inspect that each is properly addressed/boxed for mailing.

At this time, 1417 EST, I have 7 confirmed sponsors, all from the
SECC. I will accept the next 3 in the order I get them. NO exceptions.
I have had no contact from the SEDXC indicating their sponsorship,
although their logo will be on the P.

I also ordered the 2000 Ps, and will make up the new plates for the
winners from that. If you do want to sponsor a P, please let me know
ASAP

Have changed the design a little, it will now appear roughly as
follows:

                       GEORGIA QSO PARTY
                             1999

             Logo of SECC

             Logo of SEDXC

            Small brass plate naming winner, donor, category.

I do need one additional thing. Probably from Nancy. The SECC logo was
taken off a photocopy of my T shirt, and of course, it shows stitching
around the name of the club. It's not going to be a serious problem,
but I sure could use the original artwork that went to the T
shirt/jacket maker, or failing that, get a plate made up from him with
just the logo.

Ps are destined for mailing about April 6. Also ordered the Ps for
2000 and as soon as I line up the winners with the sponsors, I will
get that information to them. Those Ps will also go out on the same
date.

At this time, assuming I don't get killed for the design, I see no
reason that the 2001 Ps cannot be shipped out by the end of August,
2001 at the latest. All I need are the winners and sponsors, a week to
make the Ps, and that's it.

Many thanks to all of you for your fine support.

NEVER volunteer for ANYTHING.

):>
Ed