[SECC] [Fwd: GQP]

Subject: [SECC] [Fwd: GQP]
From: k4bai@worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:33:00 -0500
--------------20003A5158449930BB7D44ED

Food for thought from Bob, K4BG (ex K4VHC) in South Carolina re GQP.
73, John.

--------------20003A5158449930BB7D44ED

From: "Bob Good" <k4bg@cetlink.net>
To: "John T. Laney, III" <K4BAI@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: GQP
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 12:53:34 -0500

Greetings John,  I was delighted to see the results of the last GQP and all
the work being done for the 2001 event.  I have come upon an idea which may
have been already discussed, but here goes.....
As you know I am in a "border state" and for practical purposes have to rely
on 40 and 80 meters.  I found myself pretty much alone score wise.  Do you
think the offering of a certificate of high scoring border state (being
defined as 200 miles parallel to the Georgia border) station would be
benefical ?  Not another plaque.  I don't think high or low power matters.
If it has merit, I am sure you and the sponsors will know how to refine it.
Thanks so much and best wishes.    '73,  Bob  K4BG

--------------20003A5158449930BB7D44ED--