[SECC] Events...

Subject: [SECC] Events...
From: mcondon@attglobal.net (Mike Condon)
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 10:18:47 -0400
Well,
The activities here had been suspended while the grandkids took over last
week.
We did work a couple of QRP countries last week, late hours.

Next weekend My little island hopper club, Island Rovers of GA, will be
activating two new islands in Lake Lanier.  April 14th, K4USI, the club
call, will be on 14260 and 28460, to qualify these new ones in the US
Islands Awards Program.  It is not contesting, but we do cause a small
pile-up for an hour or two at these new collectable islands.  By the way, we
will drive onto the islands via causeways.  One location is West Bank Park
on Buford dam road, and is a great example of an island that can be driven
to. Check www.k4usi.homestead.com for other brags on our island
"expeditions".

Dayton...  caravanning up with the BSRG road burners, great fun.  The
"Imperial Cruiser" usually is parked on the sites with the mast hoisting the
banner, and a portable repeater antenna.  (It is coordinated for Dayton)

Field Day... I have reserved K0W for field day in Breckenridge CO., but we
may not be there for that weekend.  If not, I will  go with Southern Poly
Club to Red Top for the fun.  They have been running QRP field day for about
5 years now, and always do well.  They lack CW ops tho, and I get to be the
CW op most of the time.

Meantime, I continue to work on ILOG, my version of a logger for people who
move around a lot when they play.  The basics are in, ADIF in/out, Cabrillo,
logging, and callbook lookups.  Putting radios in now, starting with my 4
yaesus.

That's the idle chatter from here, we will be on the road much of the
summer, most of the time until Joan has to get back to teaching at Cobb
county, Blackwell Elementary.  It is nice to see the other "current fun"
notes.

Keep Busy...
73, Mike, NE4S