[SECC] Re: W4 QSO Party ?

Subject: [SECC] Re: W4 QSO Party ?
From: k4bai@worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 16:12:53 -0400
SC hasn't had a QSO Party in many years.  It was run by a Columbus native ham
who was living in Charleston, SC at the time.  When her husband died, she
returned to Columbus and is now a silent key.  I operated in it two or three
times once as a guest of K4SGA and other times from my (now deceased) uncle
and aunt's house in North Myrtle Beach.

I don't think it is a good idea to pass around the sponsorship to various
states.  Invariably, when clubs try to do that, someone drops the ball.  Even
with national scoieties like the ones which sponsor the very popular
Scandinavian Activity Contests in September, there are problems.  Some years
I get results of the contest; some years I don't.  This seems to depend on
who the sponsoring organization is.  And a few years ago there was a real big
mess when the sponsoring organization for that year changed the start/finish
times without consulting with the others and there were two different
start/finish times, depending on who you paid attention to.

73,

John, K4BAI.