[SECC] A message from the President of ARRL

Subject: [SECC] A message from the President of ARRL
From: Paul Toth-NA4AR" <na4ar@arrl.net (Paul Toth-NA4AR)
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 16:12:03 -0400
I have been asked to post the following from ARRL President Jim Haynie-W5JBP

On behalf of the members, directors, officers, and staff of the ARRL, I want
to express deep appreciation to radio amateurs throughout the world for the
countless messages of condolence and support that we have received over the
past 24 hours. The shock and horror of yesterday morning's events are still
fresh in our minds. Radio amateurs in New York City and elsewhere around the
country are doing everything they can to support the authorities in locating
and assisting victims. We know that there are many among us who have been
touched personally by these tragedies, but there is comfort in knowing that
we are not alone in our grief. Never have I felt more strongly about what
great privilege it is to be a part of the extraordinary global community of
Amateur Radio.

Jim Haynie, W5JBP
President, ARRL

73!

Paul J. Toth-NA4AR
Assistant Director-ARRL Southeastern Division
West Central Florida SKYWARN Group (WX4TBW)

Visit my Webpage at http://www.qsl.net/na4ar