[SECC] Properly Licensed once again! <g>

Subject: [SECC] Properly Licensed once again! <g>
From: jshort@mindspring.com (Jeffrey Short)
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 20:37:42 -0400
Hi all...

        Some of you may remember that I had moved to Alpharetta,
GA in the beginning of this year... and not soon after, inquired
about needing to renew my license (which had expired in Oct of
2000).

        Well since CQWW Phone was just around the corner and the
fact that I didn't want to be an illegal member of SECC... I finally
decided to fill out the application and get my license renewed.  I
was part way through filling out the paper application when I started
to look online for an answer/clarification about something.

        Well... low and behold - I stumbled onto QRZ.com - Once I
read that, even with an expired license, I could renew online... that
was the end of that !  Yes... it did cost me $ 6 - however the
process was easy... and my stupid mistake was resolved.

        So... whose up for some contesting?!

Jeff

PS - Anything contests prior to CQWW that one can shake the
rust out?  I have no station of my own... so I would need to either
borrow or be in a multiop.