[SECC] Yeasu FT-1000MP

Subject: [SECC] Yeasu FT-1000MP
From: gmacie@xmmcorp.com (Macie, Gordon)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:22:09 -0500
There are two mods on the INRAD Page.

Which one shouldn't be done ?? Why

Gordon

YAESU FT-1000MP & MARK V FRONT END MOD!
We now have a mod for the FT-1000MP: a small 70MHz I.F. amplifier. It boosts
the front-end gain a few dB. The IF gain setting in menu item 9-1 is then
reduced to compensate, and the radio's background hiss is greatly reduced.
The byproduct is increased sensitivity of 2-4 DB in noise floor reduction.
This is a plug-in, no-solder mod which can be easily removed. The Front End
mod will also work in the MARK V, except it requires soldering two
connections. Price: $55. See our Secure Order Form to order.

Yaesu FT-1000MP AGC Improvement Mod!
Some operators on major DX-peditions have complained about poor readability
in large pile ups. From a joint effort between INRAD and some of these
operators, we are now offering the AGC mod which improves readability
somewhat for both CW and SSB. Details of the history is included in the mod
instruction sheets. This new mod increases the decay time, which in the
FT-1000MP is so fast that weaker signals can come up to full output between
dots and dashes (or speech peaks), causing poor readability in pile ups. It
also uses a damping resistor to eliminate a slight over shoot. It sells for
$10 plus S/H. Please be aware that under "normal" or "average" operating
conditions, this mod will make very little discernable difference. The AGC
mod is not applicable to the Mark V. See our Secure Order Form to order.