[SECC] update from nq4i

Subject: [SECC] update from nq4i
From: NQ4I@compuserve.com (Rick Dougherty)
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 08:33:58 -0500
Hello all and Happy New Year...

first want to announce that my dad passed away on the 27th...it was a long
and hard year since his stroke last year on the 29th of dec...he lived 2
days short of a year...his wish was to be buried here on the golf course
and we got permission from the state and county and he will be buried today
30th of Dec at the golf course...

a station update...we are under way at the new home site...ground will be
broken on the 7th of jan...we are still looking at a completion date of
July 4th....I will start the first 3 towers this Monday....and will locate
and start the 80m 4 square system...picked up another contest radio this
past week...it was from the estate sale from K4KG and its a kenwood
TS-950SD...has all the filters..1.8ssb and pair of 500hz cw and 250 hz cw
filters...I have been using it the past few days on 160m and it seems to do
quite well there...i really didn't need another radio, but the $ were right
and it will be a nice addition to the station....we have 3 SB-220's that
are heading our way in the next weeks...they will be checked out by N4UQ
and he will make them qsk and contest ready....they will go on the mult
stations....will stiall have the Alpha's on the run stations.....

the next contest will be ARRL CW....still not sure if we will do the WPX
SSB in Mar or not...might decide to take things apart outside after ARRL CW
and putting it up at the new place....

hoping all have a great New year...73 de Rick