[SECC] Press release from Alabama

Subject: [SECC] Press release from Alabama
From: aa4ga@contesting.com (Lee Hiers, AA4GA)
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:46:03 -0500
On 12 Feb 2002,, Joe L Blackwell wrote:

> I had an initial feeling that the SECC would eventually settle on an
> Alabama Contest Club.

Huh?

The SECC hasn't decided to change anything.  In fact, if I recall
correctly, we decided to leave things as-is with our circle.

Now some guys in AL (whom I don't believe are able to submit
scores to ARRL contests for the SECC) are starting up a new
group.  That has nothing to do with the SECC, and some have said
they would maintain memberships in both groups, presumably
submitting scores for the SECC when able, and the new club when
not.

> Anyway, let's say we split up.

Let's say we don't.  Wait, we already said that.

I'd prefer that any AL & SC SECC members continue to remain
members and submit scores as has been done in the past few
years.  Any fracturing of the SECC certainly wouldn't be desirable
for the SECC...or for any new clubs that come into being.

If you choose to leave, fine - but it's not because you're not
welcome here.

73 de Lee

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA