[SECC] ARRL-DX CW

Subject: [SECC] ARRL-DX CW
From: K9AY" <k9ay@k9ay.com (K9AY)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:39:46 -0500
> Who has operating tips for the ARRL-DX?  (K4OGG)

Interesting things happen around our sunrise, especially for mult. chasing.

* Time to get the mults you need in the Far East and Central Asia on 40 and 80.
* 40M long or skew path can occasionally be fabulous into the Middle East,
Central Asia and Indian Ocean regions.
* Grey line on 20 is into Central Asia -- listen between and beneath the
Europeans
* 15 and 10 can open first to places other than Europe

If this sounds like you need to be in five places at once -- you're right!

There can be enhancements at sunset, but these are usually less dramatic (VK6HD,
VK6AJ and VQ9X called me--with BIG signals--around sunset during my 40M CQWW CW
operation)

73, Gary
K9AY