[SECC] CQ160M SSB Contest

Subject: [SECC] CQ160M SSB Contest
From: n4uk@mindspring.com (n4uk@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:38:18 -0500
       What are you guys planning on doing in the 160m SSB contest as far as
frequency use is concerned??? Is the FCC going to issue warnings to contesters
if they operate from 1803 and up during the contest? If SSB use during the
contest is going to be restriced to 1843 and above there are going to be
problems with all the casual users of 160m that use the frequencies above 1920.
Last year in the CQ160 SSB there were SSB contesters all the way up to 1925 or
so. Adhering to the new frequency standard will push everyone up to 1970. What
a mess it's going to be. There are going to be some big frequency battles for
the territory around 1843-1870.If I hear contesters from 1803 and up during the
CQ 160 SSB contest in two weeks I'll be right there with them. Anyone know CQ's
policy on this??? This whole 160m frequency/mode mess is becoming a drag.....
73, Ken, N4UK