[SECC] Czar Communication #1

Subject: [SECC] Czar Communication #1
From: jshort@mindspring.com (jshort@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 21:04:43 -0500
Well... Since Gary has spilled the beans... I guess that I need to
speak to the masses and "put the word out on the street".

Hi.. my name is Jeff and I'll be your Georgia QSO Party Czar for this
year - so drop what you're doing and pay attention! <g>  What's that
phrase about absolute power? :-)

Seriously - as Gary stated, I will be using the mailing lists to post
any information, requests, grumblings... whatever is needed.  I hope
that you reply in kind... particularly to the list, but I'll accept private
emails as well.

First main topic that I think needs to be looked at... the Rules.
Please read over the 2001 rules at
http://secc.contesting.com/page3.html   and comment on anything
that you would like to see changed... and those rules that should
stay the same.

One area that I understand is up for discussion and possible
change is when the GQP will be held this year (and in years to
come) - mainly due to propagation and nicer air temperatures for
the Rovers!

I doubt that we could get everything together for a GQP that's earlier
than late-July, however it is still a possibility.  Doing a quick look at
last year's contest calander, it appears that the weekend prior to the
LA/TX/AL QSO Parties may be a good one; though I am not sure
how popular the SAC SSB is.  In addition, I would like to coordinate
with these groups.. just to be sure that one or more don't move to
that weekend as well.

In any event - in response to a question that Gary had "asked".
Yes, I do plan on attending the SECC Meeting on March 16th at the
Kennahoochie Hamfest.. and am hoping for a "spirited debate and
discussion" on GQP.

One final note... I would like to thank those that have already
volunteered their time and skills for helping me out on the GQP.  It
is (and will be) appreciated...

Thanks all...

Jeff / KD3UC
Czar; GQP