[SECC] ARRL-DX Phone

Subject: [SECC] ARRL-DX Phone
From: Matt@Tenn-Valley.com (Matt Lee, WB6BWZ)
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 15:15:35 -0500
> -----Original Message-----
> From: secc-admin@contesting.com [mailto:secc-admin@contesting.com] On
> Behalf Of Jay Pryor
> Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 12:51
> To: SECC@contesting.com
> Subject: [SECC] ARRL-DX Phone

> So who's playing?

I will be playing part-time (because of work Sat & Sun mornings and the NoGA QRP
monthly meeting Sat morning), QRP with a 160-ft OCF doublet up 40'. Shouldn't be
a threat to anyone. hi

I guess the SECC members who will be participating will use SECC for their club
entry (is my understanding).

This week I picked up the new Heil Pro-Set Plus! from HRO-Atlanta ($179).
Preliminary on-the-air reports indicate my audio is much improved over the
FT-817 hand microphone. The acoustically tuned speakers and phase reversal
switch is awesome. The -3 db rolloff at 8 kHz reduces hiss and noise
significantly. HRO-ATL has a demo Pro-Set Plus! available for anyone desiring to
try it on the store's demo rigs.

See you in the 'test!

--
Matt Lee, WB6BWZ