[SECC] Russian Contest

Subject: [SECC] Russian Contest
From: K9AY" <k9ay@k9ay.com (K9AY)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 18:59:07 -0500
Hi, gang...

I'll look forward to seeing some of you tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. at the
Kennahoochie Hamfest.  But first, here's a contest reminder...

Tomorrow is the Russian DX Contest -- 24 hours starting at 1200Z (7:00 a.m.EST)
Saturday. Work anybody anywhere --2 pts. for same country, 3 pts. same
continent, 5 pts. different continent -- 10 points for a Russian station. Mults
are DXCC countries plus Russian oblasts. Exchange is RS(T) and serial no.
starting at 001. CW, SSB or mixed mode.

This contest has been getting more popular every year, but it's been three years
or more since I checked it out. Winners last year made a lot of QSOs, so there
has been good activity. Full info is at -- www.rdxc.org

I'll spend some time operating single band 40 CW. Might try 80 instead if the
rain doesn't bring noisy storms.

73, Gary
K9AY