[SECC] Emergency Radio

Subject: [SECC] Emergency Radio
From: Kt4zb@aol.com (Kt4zb@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 07:45:14 EDT
   Us Savannahians rely on 2m links up I 65 and HF, primarily on 40m for
hurricane emergencies. I have an ICOM 706 MKII with the random wire turner
which can be used either as an emergency base station or mobile and will
cover both HF and VHF. I have an antenna coiled in a plastic bag with misc.
insulators, weights, duct tape, etc., for use in the field.  I've set it up
during vacation - throw the antenna up in a pine tree - and it all works
well. Very satisfied.  Hope this helps Jay.

73, Jere

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---